Join in the fun on National Fitness Day, completing your Alive Active mile, your way!
The new Community Development Manager at Alive Leisure, Frances Rayner writes: Over the past few months the local community have given us great inspiration by finding new ways to stay active whilst staying safe at home. However many of us have found it extremely difficult during lock-down to keep up with our regular exercise routines which has led to a loss in fitness levels. At Alive we are passionate about being active and the community development team are here to help you live a healthy and active lifestyle!
Alive are inviting the people of west Norfolk to join with us to celebrate National Fitness Day on the 23 September 2020. It is a day when everyone in our community no matter what age, background or ability can come together to celebrate being fit and healthy and inspire us to move a bit more.
This national event organised by ukactive (www.ukactive.com) is a reminder of why its good to move, highlighting the role that physical activity plays in helping us lead healthier, happier lives both physically and mentally. ukactive reports that the UK faces a physical inactivity crisis, with evidence showing that the average adult spends more time on the toilet every week than exercising. Physical inactivity leads to more than 20 long-term health conditions such as type-2 diabetes, some cancers and osteoporosis.
While this is a one day event, we want to inspire as many people as possible to celebrate with us and share what they love about fitness all year through and to use it as a commitment to change their physical activity habits to ensure a lifetime of benefits.
How to get involved:
On 23 September, join in with the Alive Active Mile. This can be completed through:-
- Any form of physical activity, you just need to MOVE!
- Walk, run, cycle, swim, canoe, paddle board to name a few but anything goes!
- Active travel - to and from your destination - walking or cycling to work or school
- Completing your mile at your normal training session - dance, football, boot camp, fitness class or game of golf!
- Residential homes, care homes, nurseries, schools and workplaces to encourage their staff, students and residents to take part.
- Members of Alive West Norfolk can take part using the pools and gyms.
- The track at Lynnsport will be open to members and non-members on the day - mums and dads can bring their toddlers and babies in buggies and anyone who uses a mobility aid is more than welcome to complete as much of the 4 laps of the track they can.
- For those isolating in their homes completing 2000 steps will give them their Alive Active Mile. This is 1/5 of the 10,000 steps a day we should all be aiming for.
Tell us that you are taking part!
- Share your inspirational stories with us!
- Get in touch tell us your organisation, school, club or group are taking part, as we would love hearing your amazing stories!
- Tag us on Facebook Instagram or Twitter
- Upload pictures or videos of your efforts for National Fitness day and don’t forget to add the #FitnessDay #Alive #AliveActiveMile
With so many activities cancelled this year and so many people looking for inspiration to improve their fitness we really hope that you will join us for this fun event. If you need help getting things started then get in touch. Email email@example.com.