Beat your Bills
A series of roadshows is planned to help residents access benefits, grants, discounts and save money.
A borough council initiative to help residents with the rising the cost of living will include a roadshow visiting ten venues across the borough in the coming weeks.
Instead of concentrating mainly on energy efficiency, help will be available on all aspects of cost of living. This will include information about how to access benefits, grants, discounts, save money and more.
Mark Whitmore, Assistant Director for Health, Wellbeing and Public Protection, said: “We know that the cost of living has affected many people over the winter, with prices going up across the board. But help is available and we want to make sure people know what they are entitled to and how to get it.
“We have been doing a lot of work over the colder months to make sure people have information about how to get the support they need. Now that Spring is here and people are getting out and about more, we are continuing that work with our roadshows to make sure people have every opportunity to find out what we can do for them.”
The roadshows will be held across the borough on the following dates:
- Downham Market (marketplace) – 14th April 9am-4pm
- King’s Lynn (High Street next to Boots) – 21st April 9am-4pm
- Hunstanton (Spinney) – 28th April 9am-4pm
- Castle Acre (Stocks Green) – 12th May 9am-4pm
- Terrington St Clement (Churchgate Way car park) – 26th May 9am-4pm
- Snettisham (marketplace) – 9th June 9am-4pm
- Feltwell (village fete) – 17th June 10am-3pm
- Shouldham (village green) – 21st July 9am-4pm
- South Creake (village hall car park) – 11th August 9am-4pm
- Grimston (Hudson Fen recreation ground/park) – 25th August 9am-4pm
At each event there will be staff on hand to answer questions and give information on a range of cost of living subjects, including energy bills, rent problems, general money worries, grants, benefits and advice on how to reduce costs.
Town and Around produces 14,000 copies a month with an estimated total readership of 35,000 hard copy and online. Established in 2005 we distribute around King’s Lynn and West Norfolk. If your business would like to reach this local audience please contact: email@example.com or call 01485 540620.